What's New On The CV41.org Website
Got a question, photos, or other items to contribute?
New Feature! - The photo gallery is now Really Simple Syndication (RSS) enabled! If you have a feed reader you can add the link at the bottom of the photo gallery front page to get latest gallery updates as they are made. There are a number of free readers out on the net, just google search on RSS reader.
8 February 2008 - 1330 EST
- Today's update - I uploaded another new scan to the VMCJ-1 photo album, this time its a EA-6A Intruder from 1974. I added a night trap story to the VAH-8 History page and tried to update the FAQ a little. It still needs a bit of work though. In case you haven't been to the Museum's website lately there is a new program where you can spend a night on the boat.... in case you didn't get enough of it during your tour.
- Latest Updates -
Air Wings / CVW-5 / VMCJ-1 (1 photos)
25 January 2008 - 1250 EST
- Today's update - Updated HS-12's history page to the new look and added links to pdf history files courtesy of Gary Schreffler
- Latest Updates -
HS-12 Wyverns History Page (7 annual command reports)
8 January 2008 - 2215 EST
- Today's update - Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I managed to get a few things done. One was finally finishing up the 1965 cruise book for the cruise book store. With that one finished I am now down to the very last book to be scanned, the 1958-59. I appreciate everyone's patience when waiting for a book to become available and everyone who has placed an order.
- I also added to other Midway Air Groups and their squadrons to the website. Unfortunately the photo albums only contain scans of the squadron emblems, but I hope to add photos to most of them soon, I was able to find historical information on nearly all of the squadrons which I hope veterans of those squadrons find useful. I will gradually update the CVW-2 and CVW-5 squadron pages the format I used on the new Air Group squadron pages.
- I added pages for VMCJ-1 and VMAQ-2 the Air Wing Five. I'd like to personally thank Mark Stotzer for sending John D. "Jay" "HALFMAN" Weides' article, "Evolution of the EA-6A" and Col. Weides permission to post the article on CV41.ORG.
- Very special thanks Brig Gen Art Bloomer, USMC ret., Kenny "Kilo" Watts, and Steve Roush for their contribution to my VMCJ-1 page. All contributed fantastic photos for the "J-1" album and General Bloomer wrote a great historical summary for "Marine Corps Aviation Reconnaissance" and VMCJ-1. He also was the squadron's last Commanding Officer. Semper Fidelis Gentlemen.
- I have also uploaded scans of a Revell collectors card and the 21 September 1946 issue of "Midway Current".
- I will be posting some teaser images soon of Scott Guido's vast Midway photo archive. Scott was Midway's last photographers mate, serving many years in Midway's photolab. He has loaned his collection to Gary Schreffler who is now the proud owner a new Nikon slide/film scanner. The results from this scanner are beautful and I really look forward to posting Scott's images and can't thank him enough for sharing them with all of us.
- Latest Updates -
Carrier Air Group 6 (1952-54) (16 Squadrons)
Carrier Air Group 1 (1954-55) (8 Squadrons)
Air Wings / CVW-5 / VMCJ-1 (2 Articles / 3 Photo Albums)
Air Wings / CVW-5 / VMAQ-2 (1 Article / 3 Links)
Pubs Library / Memorabilia / Prints (1 photo)
Pubs Library / Newsletters / Midway Current (1 Issue)
13 December 2007 - 2030 EST
- Today's update -
MAJOR BREAKING NEWS CV41.ORG is pleased to break the story on a new program from the USS Midway Museum. For a limited time, the USS Midway Museum is offering a complimentary one year museum membership to ALL Midway veterans! For details and instructions on how you can receive your membership click on this LINK to download a letter and application from Admiral Riley Mixon. This offer is available for all Midway veterans so pass the word to all of your shipmates! The deadline is February 29, 2008. For more information follow the thread on the CV41.ORG Forum
What's New | USS Midway Forum | Photo Gallery | | Links
All photos Copyright © Buzz Nau ,1995-2008 unless otherwise noted